By Georgi Bomb
Currently supporting Phoenix Foundations on a mini-tour, catch them at the following venues:
- 23rd York, The Duchess w/ The Phoenix Foundation
- 24th Newcastle, The Cluny w/ The Phoenix Foundation
- 25th Edinburgh, Cabaret Voltaire w/ The Phoenix Foundation
- 26th Glasgow, Glasgow School of Art w/ The Phoenix Foundation
- 22nd London, CAMP Basement.
The woman behind the music, Annabel Alpers originally featured in bands like Hawaii Five-O, Space Dust and the Hiss Explosion before returning to education to study a post graduate course in computer-based composition. It was in 2005 that Bachelorette was born, fueling her love for the psychedelic pop trend.
Boasting a breath-taking live show, originally featured around old television monitors which stand as the “band”, displaying waveforms that move to pre-recorded instruments. Bachelorette’s current release is built on minimal synth grooves, strummed guitar, innocent whistles wondering through cold hallways, and occasional accompaniment on drums. But all are guided by Bacheloretteʼs ethereal lead vocal.
Bachelorette’s self-titled third album, is out now on Souterrain Transmissions.