The follow up to 2009’s Infected Nations was recorded with infamous producer, Russ Russell who has worked with the Yorkshire boys previously. “The other day, Russ sent the final masters for the album over. It sounded even better than I expected it to. Lead guitarist Ol Drake commented, “The past two years of hard work, and the work put in in the studio, have really paid off. The few people who’ve heard the album so far have praised it highly, making me, and us, very proud.
“The album has such a unique production sound which surprised me; Russ’ skills have really shined on this record. It has an old classic sound, while staying huge and menacing. Keep an eye out for all things Evile, as 2011 will be a very busy year for us. See you on A road!”
The album’s concept is based around a track from Infected Nations and has built from there although the specifics are kept vague to allow fans to think about it themselves. Watch the video below to hear vocalist and rhythm guitarist Matt Drake discuss the subject in further detail.
You can catch Evile over the Summer on their European festival tour:
- 28 May – Dokkum, Netherlands – Dokk’em Open Air
- 10-12 Jun – Donington, UK – Download Festival
- 01 Jul – Löbnitz, Germany – With Full Force
- 08 Jul – Gävle, Sweden – Getaway Rock
- 14 Jul – Neukirchen-Vluyn, Germany – Dong Open Air
- 15 Jul – Tolmin, Slovenia – Metalcamp Festival
- 17 Jul – Vizovice, Czechh Republic – Masters of Rock
- 13 Aug – Oulu, Finland – Jalometalli Festival